Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Jack in the Box Hot Mess Wedges

So, I'm back from America, and I brought about 1.5 extra stone with me. To be fair, not all of that was the USA...but a lot of it was, haha. Just one week meant it felt like feast or famine, so I ate tons and tons. When I lived in America I was able to portion these sorts of things out, but I knew I wasn't going to have them as an option once I got back here, so I went nuts.
These are the Hot Mess wedges from Jack in the Box, which opened up their first location in my hometown after I had already moved overseas...much to my chagrin. Jack in the Box is one of the more beloved fast food restaurants, alongside In-N-Out Burger, Steak 'n' Shake, Sonic, et cetera. By the way, did you know that In-N-Out Burger opened up a pop-up in London last year? Seems that they're testing the waters to make an Atlantic move. I'd love to try one, as In-N-Out is the mana of fast food in certain regions...certain regions I've never lived in, haha. Should Jack in the Box be the next burger chain to try their hand over here, or should they just stay back in the dirty, burger-loving land that is North America?
If you ask me, Jack in the Box would do swimmingly here. At least the Hot Mess family of burgers and wedges. If not just by me buying them a lot, I think that something this cheesy and spicy is kinda missing in the UK. Well, not missing, but just not nearly enough of this combo to go around! The Hot Mess wedges are thick, soft potato wedges topped with pepperjack cheese sauce and jalapenos. Lots and lots of jalapenos, actually. Some of them are kind of hidden underneath wedges, and underneath dollops of cheese sauce. Interestingly, the sauce is quite thick--almost a paste. It is right in between the textures of melted cheese and cheese sauce. The wedges were fine for fast food, most of them being fat soft mounds of potato, with a few being my preferred crispy li'l bits. The jalapenos were plentiful, and likely canned-but this cost somewhere around $2.00, so beggars can't be choosers and they taste fine.

There was some heat to the mess, the sour kind of heat from jalapenos but tempered with the creamy, mild cheese. Apparently the cheese is pepperjack, but it isn't very spicy by itself.

I also had the Hot Mess burger, and I'll be going into more detail with that one tomorrow. In the mean time, I'm eating soup and Ryvita for every meal to make up for this and...everything else I'm going to review. Blergh!

No comments:

Post a Comment