Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pumpkin Pudding KitKats

Mmhm, it's Halloween time! I absolutely love Halloween - and at this time of the month, it is completely appropriate to start obsessing over it. Of course, in my head I started much earlier, but now I can tell everyone how I feel about the season.

I love it! I'm changing my desktop wallpaper daily to be a new monster (today is...Pumpkinhead), watch horror movies and old Twilight Zones, and I'm going to finish reading The Shining and start Dr. Sleep. I love Halloween. It's the weather getting a bit chillier, the abundance of nice warm snacks & drinks, the flavors & smells of such drinks & food, and all the scary bits and horror.

One of the best parts is definitely pumpkin. Unfortunately, this has not caught on in the UK yet. I feel that it's getting there, but I think this island just ain't ready for this particular sweet-vegetable jelly. You can get a pumpkin cupcake from Hummingbird Bakery, which is grand - and Starbucks has finally got on the ball and released the Pumpkin Spice Latte in the UK this year and last...but there's lot of other bits that haven't been adopted. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin milk, pumpkin chocolates, pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin bagels, or my other interests like pumpkin candles, pumpkin lotion...Nice, but all in America only, so far. D'oh!

Except - Japan. Japan is a marketplace that seems to love risk, and will give any flavor combination a shot, at least. So I wasn't surprised that there were pumpkin KitKats, and there have been tons. This post is about this year's KitKat though...Pumpkin Pudding KitKat.


Cute bag. Interesting choice to make it a green pumpkin, which definitely exists, but isn't your standard spooktacular seasonal spectre. Also, it is full of pumpkin pudding! Which looks like pumpkin mousse. It's just a very nice illustration, isn't it?

So, open 'em up.


 D'aw - the cuteness continues! I like the ghosts a lot. This is presented in the same format as many Japanese KitKats, which is a small 2 finger bar, about half the length of a regular KitKat & minus 2 fingers. So, tiny...but only 60 some calories because of that, so you take the good you take the bad and then you have 2 more KitKats.

Even before I opened up one of these individually wrapped bars, the bag smelled like pumpkin! Not spicy, but like sweet pumpkin - like pumpkin pudding, actually.


Mm! Pale orange. It smells so much like pumpkin - like pumpkin pie! Pumpkin pie isn't as spicy as other 'pumpkin' flavored foods, at least most pumpkin pies aren't - so it gives you a bit more of a pure idea of sweet pumpkin.

These taste like pumpkin, like pureed and sweetened pumpkin with white chocolate - and a bit of cinnamon. So there is a touch of spice to the sweet, but that's definitely taking a back seat. If you can picture eating a spoonful of canned pumpkin with quite a bit of white chocolate, you're about on the right track - and it is nice.

These were really delicious, and I can picture them going really well with some milky tea or even a pumpkin spice latte.

 Grab them from OyatsuCafe and get it in time for Halloween!...or Autumn, at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment