Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Snickers Shake

I was never a big shake fan in America, just thought it was sat in an uncomfortable place between ice cream (eating) and milk (drinking) - most shakes in the USA are too thick to comfortably drink through a straw, and they don't have the ease-of-eating that ice cream has. Basically, you're meant to just drink it in a cup or something and get milkshake all over your face - and you're taking in even more ice cream than you would if you were to just eat a bowl of ice cream, because it's all melty and...yeah, so it took me a long time to try the 'milkshakes' of the UK supermarkets. Your Yazoos, your Mars milks, your Crusha.

When I did get around to it, I realized that milkshake also seems to mean flavored milk here, and I like that. Your chocolate, your strawberry, your vanilla. They're nice.

A lot of the supermarket milkshakes are slightly thickened, but they're all easily swiggable. I've tried some intriguing flavors in the past; Frijj has a few like Banoffee Pie, Caramel Latte, et cetera - they're all pretty nice, but this one has me the most interested...
Of all the mainstream candy bars available world-wide, Snickers is probably in my top 3. So, I was super interested to drink it.

Well, fact is, there isn't too much to say - but it is like Snickers. If you've ever had Mars milk you know the texture - thin...milky...

Key difference here is that it tastes like peanuts and nougat more than it tastes like chocolate. It isn't salty peanut, which would've been a bit strange, but more like a peanut butter taffy or peanut butter nougat - very much sweet rather than salty. I'd say it was definitely tasty, and if I was in the market for a milkshake I'd certainly get this one again over a more general chocolate like Mars or Milky Way, but if they had the Bounty flavor I'd choose it.

Peanut is kind of a weird flavor to drink, but I have to give props to the folks down at Snickers Shake HQ, they didn't just rest on their laurels and make it taste like chocolate. Kudos for taking a chance.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting...think I'll have to give one of these a try! I hear the Bounty one is the best of all of them.

    I've tried the Skittles one but it was a bit too weird to buy again. I see there's also a Starburst flavour, but it looks like they're just using the name to sell strawberry flavour shake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen the Skittles & Starburst as well - I'd probably eventually try both, but not before drinking another Bounty shake. For some reason they seem to be the hardest flavor to find! Maybe that just makes them taste even better. ;)

      Delete